***UPDATE: SOLD OUT! THANK YOU!!!***
Join me for a half-day retreat in-person at Yoga Public (Sat Apr 23rd, 9 am – noon) in which we can dive deeper into the practice. A retreat gives us the chance to slow down and process the ups and downs of the past two years, and to honour what we’ve experienced, so that we can move forward with a sense of cohesion and meaning.
Challenging experiences (whether big or small) can leave a residue in both our bodies and minds. Practice can be a way to metabolize these experiences, both through addressing the physical digestive system, and the mental/emotional processes by which we learn to integrate the past.
- A nourishing yoga practice that promotes the body’s ability to heal via focusing on the physical digestive system
- Meditation practice(s) that teach us to allow for emotions and sensations (mental digestion)
- An interactive discussion on what these practices are all about and how they can apply to daily life
- A gentle environment that supports healing and compassionate self-inquiry
- Simple self-care practices and food for thought as you move forward in life’s journey
You’ll also receive access to an audio recording of a guided meditation created by me to digitally support you after the retreat.
Let’s pause and de-clog!
To register, please visit www.yogapublic.com/workshops
Sunday November 21st, 3-4:30 pm, $50, at Yoga Public, 280 Fort St, Winnipeg, MB
Join me in-person for an afternoon exploring how sound and vibration can be helpful tools for a meditation practice: we practise presence, listening, and the ability to let go.
We’ll start with a short discussion focusing on how we can better appreciate our humanity and innate biology, as a way to address the hows and whys of managing our stress and to thus build resilience.
Then, we’ll settle in for a sound bath to integrate the philosophy of practice. This meditation practice is done lying down or seated, so wear comfy and warm clothes so that you can fully relax.
Bring a yoga mat and blanket, and let’s find some ease.
Limited space. Register online here: www.yogapublic.com
Saturday October 30th, 2-4 pm, $55, at Altona Yoga, 40 Main St, Altona, MB
I am excited to bring the practice of sound to Altona Yoga once again! This is the only in-person workshop I currently have planned for fall 2021.
Through music, resonance, and breathwork, experience a form of yoga rooted in the belief that everything is a form of sound.
By employing certain frequencies, we can inspire healing and the release of unhelpful patterns in all our layers of being.
- A deep dive into the theory of sound healing and yoga
- A sound bath for you to integrate the philosophy into practice
Expect to spend your time seated or lying down, so comfy clothes are ideal.
Register online here: www.altonayoga.ca
Looking to get back on track with your practice?
Waking Up With Mindfulness is a 28-day online course, offering high-quality bite-sized videos that take you step-by-step through establishing and deepening a meditation practice.
- Setting up your posture so that you’re stable and comfortable
- Different aspects of focus to promote awareness and equanimity
- How to keep on going at your own pace
This course was designed to build upon itself: while it starts with the foundational components of a mindfulness practice, each week has themes that build on the previous to allow for depth and nuance.
Each day’s video is about 20 minutes, and you’ll have 60 days of access to allow for a flexible pace.
My approach is detailed and yet lighthearted, so as to help you forge confidence, good habits, and commitment to the practice.